Fitchburg Winter Festival
RULES & PRIZES
RULES & PRIZES
Registration Fee: $20 a team
Prizes: 1st Place – 50% of Registration 2nd Place – 25% of Registration
All Additional Proceeds to benefit Youth Recreational Programming
1. You must be at least 21 years or older to enter the tournament.
2. These are doubles (two players per team), single elimination tournament.
3. Sign-in/Registration begins at 12:00 PM on Saturday - A mandatory Team Meeting will be held at 12:45 PM - The first Tournament starts at 1 PM.
4. All boards and bags will be provided and set up for you.
5. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
Min teams 6/Max Teams 10
1. Boards will be placed 27 feet apart (front to front).
2. The board surface will be 2’x4’.
3. With a 6” hole, centered 9” from the back and 12” from either side.
1. There will be 8 bags per lane, 4 bags of one color and 4 of another.
2. Each bag will be 6”x6” and will have 1 pound of filler in each bag.
You will play a Traditional 21 Point Game with a coin toss held before the first frame of the first game in the series. The winner of the coin toss chooses who pitches against whom or which side of the board to play from. The winner also decides who pitches first. The honors will then be transferred to the coin toss loser for game 2 and back to the coin toss winner if a game 3 is needed.
1. 3 points for a bag that goes through the hole whether it be thrown through, slide in or pushed in by another bag.
2. 1 point for a bag that lands and stays on the playing surface.
3. 1 point for a bag that is hanging into the hole but does not fall completely through.
4. 1 point for a bag that is hanging off the edge of the playing surface but is NOT touching the ground.
5. 0 points for a bag that is on the playing surface but is ALSO touching the ground.
6. 0 points for a bag that lands on the playing surface after touching the ground first (this bag must be removed before another bag is thrown).
7. 0 points for a bag that is hanging off the edge of the playing surface and is resting on another bag that is on the ground. If you can remove the bag on the ground without the one on the board falling then touching the ground – then a point is given (you might want to also practice your Jenga skills for this situation).
1. Game scoring will be held on an honor system. If an agreement cannot be made between players, DO NOT MOVE ANYTHING, there will be a tournament official on site to make the final decision. If a bag or board is moved before an official is able to make a decision, those points will be forfeited. Do not argue with tournament officials, it’s annoying and you will be asked to leave the tournament. Take the official ruling with a grain of salt and remember - it’s just a game!
2. A Traditional 21 Point Game is a game played until one team reaches or exceeds 21 points. The winning team does NOT need to win by two or more points. If there is a 21 tie – additional frames will be played until one teams has more points at the end of a frame.
3. This is a cancellation format where opposing players’ frame points cancel one another out. Only those points that do not cancel out apply to the total overall score. For example: Red team scores 7 points and Blue team scores 9 points in the same frame. The difference is 2 (9-7=2). Blue Team scores 2 points in that frame.