City of Fitchburg Parks and Playgrounds will be open to the public on June 15, 2020 with the following restrictions:
- Children and adults who feel sick or are recovering from an illness are asked not to visit park facilities.
- No group sizes of more than 10 people.
- Practice social distancing, stay 6’ apart at all times.
- Do not touch any equipment, toys, balls or material other than your own. Residents must retrieve their own equipment.
- Practice diligence in Hygiene to avoid the spread of the disease, please wash your hands regularly and use sanitizer when hand washing is not an option.
- Before and after visiting the parks residents should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- All residents must wear a face mask while using the parks and playgrounds.
- Parents, guardians and other adults supervising children should monitor children at all times to ensure children maintain proper distancing and adhere to requirements for face coverings.
- Please practice Carry In, Carry Out with trash. Help us protect the health of City Employees by not leaving behind trash.
- Park Facilities will receive normal routine cleaning, but in accordance with CDC Guidelines will not be disinfected.
- Use of the Parks are at your own risk.
Pools & Splash Park Updates:
- The J. Crowley Swimming Complex at Coolidge Park will not open for the 2020 summer season.
- The splash park and spray pad will not open on June 15, 2020, but will be opening this summer. Notice will be provided prior to the opening of Splash Park and spray pad.
- Face Coverings will be required by the general public when visiting the Splash Parks. Residents are advised not to wear a face mask when playing in splash parks. The CDC Advises that cloth face coverings are difficult to breathe through when wet.
The following Park amenities will remain closed until further notice:
- Permits for use of the Henry Coggshall Stonehouse, Coggshall Park Gazebo or for large gatherings in the parks are suspended until further notice.
- Restrooms will remain closed until further notice.